- This event has passed.
Home is a Way of Life – Weeklong Retreat at Ghost Ranch
January 18, 2016 @ 3:00 PM - March 24, 2016 @ 10:00 AM
Home is a Way of Life: Creating A Life You Love
What does the word “Home” conjure up for you? A physical structure? A felt experience? A slick Madison Avenue image? A distant memory? An ideal you still long for?
Whatever your mental picture, the longing for home is one of the deepest needs that knits human beings together. In the words of Maya Angelou, “The ache for home lives in all of us, the safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned.”
Home is more than a physical structure, and even more than the place where your heart is. Before you can truly make a home in your house, you must make one in your heart.
In my book, The Wheel of Creativity: Taking Your Place in the Adventure of Life, I describe 12 stations of the creative journey of your life, which begins and ends at Home. Everything you achieve in life is a creative process, a cycle that begins and ends at “Home.” It is the safest place you know, which must be left in order to create anything new.
But today many of us today never feel at home. We are always feeling there is somewhere else we should be. Without a home in your heart, the restlessness that launches you can also undo you.
In this seven-day deepening retreat we will create a sense of Home together…
- To explore the human longing for home within the container of creative community
- To make space in our lives through contemplation and ritual and Nature
- To express the elements of our human experience – Mind, Body, Spirit and Heart – with paper and words, sound and movement, color and Nature
So that when you leave here…
- You’ll know what you need to be at home in your own life.
- You’ll have a plan to build an authentic life that truly nourishes you, wherever you are.
- You’ll have the tools to feel at home in every setting, however unknown or challenging.
“God is at home. It’s we who have gone out for a walk.”
– Meister Eckhart
Begin 2016 by coming home to yourself. Join me at Ghost Ranch to make 2016 your best year ever!
Three ways to register:
- Download printable registration form and mail to: Ghost Ranch Registrar, HC77 Box 11, Abiquiu, NM 87510. OR scan and email your completed form to: registrar@GhostRanch.org
- Register by telephone. Call Evelyn at 685.1001, Eileen at 505.685.1017 or toll-free at 877.804.4678, ext. 4155 or ext. 4121 — available Monday-Saturday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. MST.
- Register online.