The big question about how people behave is whether they've got an Inner Scorecard or an Outer Scorecard. It helps if you can be satisfied with an Inner Scorecard.
What to Expect and How to Get the Most from This Course
There are 14 modules in this course: one for each station in the Wheel of Creativity plus a Welcome and a Closing.
Each module includes:
- A three-minute video describing the week's station and its place in the creative process
- A downloadable worksheet with Reflection Questions, an Exercise, and Actions to take toward your goal
The 90-day program gives you a week for each module. Here’s how to use your time:
- Allow 60 to 90 minutes each week for your course work, but remember that you’ll get out what you put in.
- Schedule that time each week in your calendar now, preferable the same time each day when you have the least distractions.
- View the video and get started with the worksheet assignments right away.
- Reflect and expand on your work throughout the week.
A few more tips to get the most out of this course:
- Purchase an A4 or Letter-sized notebook or journal to keep your worksheets and use for your assignments.
- Download the Wheel of Creativity diagram and post it where you will see it every day, so you can refer to it throughout the course.
- Go through this course with The Wheel of Creativity book. If you don't already have a copy of The Wheel of Creativity, get your copy here.
Introduction. As one of the richest, and most respected, business people in the world, Warren Buffett has earned his place at the head of any table. And yet he has always measured his success by his own values. So when he observes that your scorecard explains your behavior, it's worth paying attention to. This course will help you choose yours.
- Why are you here? What motivated you to register for this course?
- In what area of your life do you feel something is missing?
- How do you define success in this area of your life?
- How would you describe the destination you think you're after?
- Whether you're looking at a professional goal, personal dream, or some area of your life where you're in your way, take some time to examine and detail your current strategy for success in this area. Even if you are not successsful, look at the strategies you're using that have produced that result.
- Decide what you're ready to do. Set a goal in this area you've chosen which you can achieve in 90 days. Make it specific, measurable, realistic and timely.
- Some people find it helpful to choose a partner to hold you accountable for the goals you set. It could be someone doing this course with you, but it doesn't have to be. You can also use the Facebook group to share your goals and ask for support to keep you on track.
Measure your Learning
What insights do you have now into your creative power – or sense of powerlessnes – in this area of your life? Note them down.