Being an entrepreneur is like eating glass and staring into the abyss of death.
Station 6: Crisis
There comes a point in every innovative process when you begin to lose control; otherwise you're not pushing far enough. This is a place of questions more than answers. The quality of your questions will get you the answers you need eventually. But be prepared to ride the dragon until you get them.
- How are you in crisis or overwhelm in this area of your life? What is making you panic?
- Crisis is the doorway to invention. Here’s how to seize the opportunity.
- Think about a time (past or present) when you felt completely overwhelmed, out of control. How do you typically react in such situations? What’s the typical outcome?
- Crisis leads to Chaos, the opposite of Home: the unfamiliar, unknown, disordered, unpredictable and unstable. Describe your experience here. What could surrender offer?
- Identify the forces (people, systems, failures, lacks) pushing you down or holding you back. How do they threaten your (or your company's) survival?
- List the questions you need to be asking to give yourself clarity. What answers do have today?
- What questions are still unanswered? Go get those answers.
Check in with your Facebook group or your accountability partner.
Measure your Learning
- What are the questions you need to shift the crisis? What clear actions will move you through the unknown? Prioritize them. Schedule them.