Master Your Mind, Master Your Life: 10 Strategies to Manage the Nuclear Power of your Mind
I’ve long felt that the human mind is like a nuclear reactor. Its energy is almost inexhaustible, with enough power to shape our reality and determine our actions. But, in order for its current to be creative, it has to be managed, controlled and directed. Otherwise, if left unchecked, it can become the fuel for self-sabotage, destroying the possibility of everything we wish for.
The good news is that with the right strategies, you can harness the power of your mind to inspire your dreams, manifest your vision and even solve the world’s biggest problems.
Protocols for Power
You can adapt the strategies used to manage actual nuclear reactors to power your own life. To manage it well, nuclear power requires a meticulous array of protocols and procedures to operate the many systems involved. These protocols moderate the internal reactions and cool the heat they generate; they monitor, inspect and maintain the machinery; they train and test the operators; and they ensure a culture of safety that integrates each element into the whole.
Managing the power of your mind, though less visible, is no less essential. Like a real reactor, the power your mind generates makes life as we know it possible. But in your case, it's your life.
So in this blog post, we'll explore 10 essential strategies you can use to manage the enormous and untapped power of your mind, so that you can create a life beyond your wildest dreams.
Two Types of Power
The first thing to know is that, in your visionary creative mind, there are two forms of power. And they require very different – almost opposing – strategies to reach the balance that will create rather than destroy.
There is the Power of Doing and the Power of Being. And each has five strategies, which must be exercised in parallel to balance the power of your mind to create rather than destroy.
A. Receptivity. The Power of Being.
Before you can channel the power of your mind to serve you in your life, you have to generate that power. This is what happens inside the reactor (your Mind). Here you learn to control the quality of the power you produce by learning to manage the quality of your thoughts. There are five strategies you can use to do this:
- Develop a Growth Mindset: Embrace challenges and setbacks as opportunities for growth. Cultivate a mindset that believes in continuous learning and resilience – and your capacity to learn and overcome. Look for creative responses to everything that comes along, to ensure that nothing in your life is wasted.
- Ask Good Questions: The mind runs on questions. They are the raw material for everything that follows. Learn to recognize questions that lead you to despair. Then ask the questions that produce creative thoughts instead. Then you have something to build on.
- Ignite a Creative Current: Y es, stay positive and motivated by seeking support and inspiration. But don’t be afraid of negative thoughts. In fact, in electricity it is the movement of the negative toward the positive that creates the current. So, seek to understand where those thoughts come from and what they’re trying to do for you. Then learn to tweak them toward the outcome you’re after.
- Meditate Regularly: Mindfulness meditation is a powerful tool for calming the mind, enhancing your focus, and connecting with your inner self. Use it even a few minutes a day to restore your faith and gain clarity and insight into your vision and goals.
- Practice Gratitude: Expressing gratitude at the end of every day can shift your focus from what you lack to what you have. Spend 60 seconds as your head hits the pillow to reflect on your day and find five small things within it that make you smile.
B. Action. The Power of Doing.
Once you learn to generate creative energy with your mind, then you need to direct and distribute that energy to where it’s needed. A big vision is rarely realized instantly, rather it just takes time. So guiding your thoughts to produce the outcomes that vision demands is your next step. And there are five strategies in this domain as well.
- Visualize Your Dreams: Create a clear mental picture of your aspirations as well as the steps to reach them. Use a mind map, a brainstorming process or a vision board to add detail to your dream, keep it in the forefront of your mind and keep you motivated.
- Set SMART Goals: Define your goals in Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-bound terms. Accepting that these goals are subject to evolution and change, don't get too attached. Rather let each step give your mind a clearer roadmap to follow.
- Write Your Daily Intentions: Start each day by setting intentions for what you want to achieve that day and how you want to feel when the day is done. Prioritizing your time helps you manage your energy and directs your creative power. Make sure you feel good about where it’s going.
- Take Consistent Action: Your mind is a powerful tool, but without action your future will still be made of dreams. Break your goals into smaller, actionable chunks, and consistently work toward them through tasks you can achieve in 30 minutes or less. Six is a good number to start with; once they’re done you can add more.
- Hire a Team: Isolation is one of the creator’s weakest links. Trying to manage your own mind without outside support… well, why would you? For a creative person with a vision, having a coach or a group of like-minded creators to be your witness, keep you accountable, help you see your blind spots and keep you showing up is your most reliable safety system.
Your mind is a tremendous force for good… or not-so-good. By integrating these 10 essential strategies – new ways of being and doing – into your daily life, you can channel that force to create the life you've always dreamed of. Control the reactions within your mind, guiding them towards creativity, growth and productivity; and your mind will serve you well, shaping a brighter future for yourself and those around you.
So, embrace the role of the reactor operator in your life, and watch the transformative power of your thoughts unfold.
Come find out more about our creative community, where we join together to practice the protocols that ensure you maximize your mental power and make it work for you in your creative life. Schedule a Vision Call with me to take your next step.