2013: The Year To Go For It
I just celebrated another birthday last week. I was so touched by all the joyful birthday wishes I received from people I’ve had the privilege to share time with in 2012. And so I begin 2013 feeling rich and inspired to use this year to really go for it in my life!
One of my favorite greetings I received came from an organization I belong to that routinely inspires and challenges me. It was a quote from Kurt Vonnegut.
So I share it with you now, because I can’t think of wiser words to begin this year with than these:
“Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow.
- Sing in the shower.
- Dance to the radio.
- Tell stories.
- Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem.
And you will get the enormous reward of having created something.”
– Kurt Vonnegut
What if your life were your greatest work of art?
- Every thought is a creative idea.
- Every feeling is a color, a texture, a line.
- Every action is a brush stroke.
- Every avoidance, a missed opportunity.
Why not make 2013 the year you finally go for it!
- Let go of who you were in 2012.
- Ask yourself what your soul needs most to grow.
- Schedule an hour a week to nourish yourself in that area.
- Try one new thing and do it (however well or badly).
- Discover the kind of life you will create as a result.
I’m so blessed to have another year to share this creative journey with you. Join me in making this year the best year ever! I’m always here to help!
Sign up for blog alerts so you don’t miss a drop of inspiration and encouragement to keep you moving forward on your 2013 creative journey.
Get more in-depth guidance in my monthly Creative Adventure Journal.
And check out my new book, The Wheel of Creativity: Taking Your Place in the Adventure of Life, on Amazon for a comprehensive compass you can use along the way. (Check the Amazon site in your country to purchase.)